For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.

By jaemac21 Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:23 am
I have a MPC 2kXL with 8 outs, a jv101, a triton classic rack and an asr-10.  I want to get a mackie mixing board, but what I don't get is that it has 4 outs. Right now I record into my delta 1010 and mix everything in logic audio.  I want to get a mixing board then send everything to ADAT and daisy chain to get 24 tracks (8 tracks each).  How or what do I need to do what I want.  Or is there something I am missing?[/color]

By Tribe O' Judah Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:24 pm
You need to clarify your question a little more. What has 4 outs, the mackie mixer? Are you trying to submix all of your equipment? If that's the case you will need a mixer with as many inputs as the outputs of your equipment. For instance, you said you have a MPC w/ 8outs, a jv101 (min 2or max. 4 outs), triton rack (8 outs?), and a ars-10 (4 outs?). Just add those up and your looking at a mixer with at least 24 inputs.

The mixer's output should have as many outputs as the inputs of your soundcard. I'm not familiar with computer recording but let's say your delta 1010 has 4 inputs. Then your mixer should have 4 outputs. You will use your mixer to "bus" certain signals together to get them all into your delta 1010.

I don't know if this answers your question as it wans't quit clear. Just thought I would try to help.[/color]