For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By joegrant413 Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:18 pm
So I keep seeing that FL Studio is very popular. My quick search results say it is #1.

I've spent the last 9 months getting into the MPC world. Don't really feel like trying yet another DAW. But is FL Studio worth a try? If so, how is it different?

Thanks,
Joe

P.S. I've used Ableton, Studio One, Garageband, Cubase, Reason, and others. Right now, stick with the MPC 2 DAW when I choose to go into controller mode with my MPC.
By Lampdog Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:13 pm
By 83dude Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:51 pm
FL was my (what you might call) first DAW I used. It‘s one of the few DAWs available cracked online, but it is rather easy to use, although having several pitfalls for professional users (not producers, rather mixing engineers and the like). It‘s solid by itself and has one of the best buying plans (buy once, every update is free, but additional packs are missing), but I‘ve found I‘ve quickly outgrown it.

Nowadays I have more fun with MPC and Reason, although I‘ve used Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Logic, GarageBand, Studio One, Ardour, Bitwig, FL and several others at different experience levels. Nonetheless, I‘d never go back to FL. If I couldn‘t use MPC or Reason anymore, I‘d go back to Logic or Ableton Live.