For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By frederich8 Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:31 pm
I've been having some trouble getting my minifreak sounds to record onto different tracks. I can transmit MIDI data. I dont hear any sounds when I hit the pads. I hear sounds when I play the minifreak keys. But I cant hear anything during playback after recording. When I "edit audio" I can see my wave file.
Settings:
Audio track "in"
Midi trach "auto"

any help will be appreciated
By Ultros Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:38 pm
Hey bud, go to the "track view" and look for the midi channel and device name. You know that weird monitoring screen with levels, arm buttons and midi channels and what not. Select the device under the "out" collumn, then switch the channel to match the controllers channel as well.

When setting up midi out from the mpc, it doesnt work from the sequence window where you select all the programs. It makes absolutely NO SENSE i know. I assume akai has their reasons but it's **** up.

When in sequence view with the midi program selected you can switch the msb and lsb for different banks in the controller as well.