For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Ultros Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:26 am
Show of hands from the folks with a MPC + Engine OS device combo?

I have been raving like chicken little about my mixstream pro / mpc combo for about a year and a half. Did any of you fine souls grab a unit yet?

An el-cheapo 699 og numark mixstream pro is just as dope as the mpc is in its own way and a much better investment than yet another mpc.

I have a custom firmware for the original numark mixstream pro (non plus / non go) where i unlocked all the extra features such as reverse and keylock and what not as well it's not very well known about. I will update it to the latest version eventually. (3.0.1) https://github.com/RedHate/MIXSTREAMPRO-3.0.0
By Ultros Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:38 pm
Another post stuck in a darked corner where the MPC users who may actually enjoy another super cool device wont ever see it... I realise this is MPC forums but the turntable question is as valid as synthesizers or any other sample source yet it gets burried in the "other studio equipment" area... If someone asks if anyone uses an ASR with their MPC no one bats an eye... *shrugs* may as well delete this post cus its never gonna see any fkn answers... dont waste my time just delete the post..
By djdsoul Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:32 pm
Hello! This is a very cool idea, I’ve been tormented for a long time by the idea of ​​how to flash MPC Engine OS and attach a midi controller
By Ultros Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:58 pm
I've done it it requires modding the executable, midi mapping, tracing sysex messages, and importing the bin and all dependancies to the environment. also requires a unit with more than 2 hardware output channels -need 4 minimum.

Its easier to just buy the cheapest engine os dj unit you can find, ie the numark mixstream pro, and running my custom rom found on https://github.com/redhate
By delayllama Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:10 am
Hooow did you make the custom ROM? I have the Mixstream Pro too, and I'd very much want to get an ICEcast server running on it directly.
Is it based on the firmware USB updater files provided by EngineDJ, or something else? If it is, I'd assume you found out a way to modify the .img file? Just a small hint would suffice, I can figure out the rest by myself.. xD

I see your version is 3.0.0, how big of a hassle would it be to get minor version updates too?
By NearTao Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:16 pm
Ultros is generally around... but might be best to shoot a direct message as well.

I cannot speak to the specifics, but there are tools to extract the content of the image and repackage it. It's a linux kernel underneath, so it's entirely possible to do a lot of interesting/unusual things with the devices that all run on the same processor.

Anyways... good luck!
By delayllama Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:12 pm
Prodding around I found some instructions... Initially looked like it's for the MPC, but on closer inspection they do mention Mixstream too, so I guess this could be the right direction.

I guess I'm going to find out by step 2. before bricking my device with step 5. :mrgreen: