For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By ei2741 Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:27 pm
Hey all, quick question on a Allen and Heath Xone23 mixer I just purchased. I have the "Monitor" outputs going directly to a Tascam Model 12 and the "Master XLR" outputs goin into a MPC X for sampling. I am noticing a significantly (lower and muddier) sound coming out of the "master output" when compared to the "monitor output" playing on my Model 12.

I would figure an MPC X sampling in should have a crystal clear sample rate and sound quality and shouldnt be that much of a difference from the actual source but I could be wrong..

Anyone else experiencing these issues or have some advice as to why this might be happening? Thanks in advance and if you know a better community channel for me to post this question just let me know
By terry towelling Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:32 pm
I have a one 23 mixer. I have the monitor outs going into try ASR10 sampler and it sounds perfectly fine. the master outs go to my speakers.
I can't think of any reason why the sound is muddy for you.
You could swap the master and monitor outs around and see how that sounds.
Or you could run an aux out from the tascam to your sampler and see how that sounds.
By ei2741 Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:31 pm
Hey thanks for your reply much appreciated! Quick update: I realized that my monitor out (from Xone23) going into to the Tascam Model 12 are on separate Channel 5&6 (2 separate Faders). Whereas the MPC X going to the Tascam Model 12 are going into the Stereo channels of 7/8 (1 Fader). Maybe this could be the reason for the sound difference? Excuse if I dont explain this correctly but maybe it is "doubling" the output because the Xone23 monitor outs going to 2 sperate channels of the Tascam? Like 2 sperate stereo tracks doubling?