For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Omunoz Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:47 am
Hey I have two mics one condenser one dinĂ¡mic and MPC 2 with MPC studio and want to know how to record at the same time with the two mics on focusrite scarlett solo 3 gen
By Baqca Sanke Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:59 pm
You can't, it's called the scarlett SOLO for a reason :Sigh: Only one input at a time. It only has 1 XLR input anyway.

Get your self an audio interface that has at least 2 XLR inputs and make sure they have SEPARATE 48v Phantom power. The Condenser mic needs it the dynamic doesn't. Some interfaces with multiple XLR inputs have phantom power only either ALL-ON or ALL-OFF.

For example the Scarlett 2i2 would NOT work for you. Because phantom power affects both inputs simultaneously on that interface. You would ruin your dynamic mic.

I just picked up a Wrugste 2i2 interface from amazon, 69$. It's a purple clone (sort of) of the scarlett 2i2 except it has separate 48v phantom power for each input. I tested with my MPC live 2 and it works. I didn't notice any latency when finger drumming and the preamps were pretty low noise. Check it out