For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By DLAW410DMV Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:58 pm
I've always been a fan of the MPC many of my friends and producers use this series on workstations. I'm familiar with them but have never used or owned on myself. I just got one for Christmas and I'm excited about using it. I've been an FL producers for the past 10 years but before thar I used to use my SP-303 and Boss 202 Dr Rhythm drum machine. I've been watching YouTube videos about the MPC and trying to learn it but I noticed something strange. I've seen a lot of YouTubers connecting samplers to there MPC most SP-404s and SP-303s. Like I said I have the 303 but why would someone do this? The MPC is a Sampler, what benefit would there be in adding the external samplers?
By Lampdog Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:00 pm
Sometimes I’ll route 5/6 audio out of MPC X to Korg Kronos2 because many of the efx are better. Because of the many ports on X I can return and sample the audio right back into X if I want.
By DLAW410DMV Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:47 pm
Lampdog wrote:Sometimes I’ll route 5/6 audio out of MPC X to Korg Kronos2 because many of the efx are better. Because of the many ports on X I can return and sample the audio right back into X if I want.

Thanks, that's a great point. Perhaps I'll dust off my 202. It had some pretty good effects if I remember correctly :lol:
By Christov Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:33 pm
I have a old Akai s950 and Ensoniq Eps 16+ which I love the sound of. I just resample them in my MPC One. Works great. Saves alot of hassle with saving and non graphic editing.
By DLAW410DMV Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:16 pm
Christov wrote:I have a old Akai s950 and Ensoniq Eps 16+ which I love the sound of. I just resample them in my MPC One. Works great. Saves alot of hassle with saving and non graphic editing.

You guys have helped me see this in a different way. Definitely gonna switch up my work flow.