For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Jay-TrainBeats Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:39 am
I'm making a Home studio centred around my mpc one on a budget for sampling Ive been looking at the American audio TTD 2400 and the PreSonus Eris 3.5 2nd gen Studio monitors. Are they good options and would I need anything to make them compatible with each other. Any feedback would be a great help.
By Planemo Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:01 pm
I use the PreSonus Eris 3.5 when I'm in the shed and plug them straight into the MPC. For what they cost I'm impressed, I bought them purely on the reviews and I'm super happy with them although I use headphones (Sony MDR7506) 90% of the time as I'm usually in the house and they are quick to grab.
By bitermc Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:59 pm
I have the Presonus 3.5 BT on my home DJ setup and, yes, they sound amazing for the prize, range and size.

For the turntable, I'm not really sure on this model but they usually require a RIAAA adapter if you don't have a mixer with phono inputs.
By terry towelling Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:27 pm
that turntable has line out, so will connect directly to any monitors. but you'll probably be running the turntable into the MPC, then audio out of he MPC into the monitors. And that will work fine.

Can you afford to get the next size up (the 4.5 or ideally the 5") in the PreSonus monitors? It will really make a difference.
By Koekepan Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:18 am
Not necessarily the most popular choice, but also consider the iLoud MicroMonitors. They sound way better than you'd think, and as a bonus they can be mounted on mic stands, so that they're easy to place where you like.

I use them, they sound great for the price and size. You say that you're on a budget, so give them a chance.
By Telefunky Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:08 am
Jay-TrainBeats wrote:... Are they good options and would I need anything to make them compatible with each other...

You forgot the room treatment... :Sigh:
It‘s the most important part of the home studio affair. :wink: