For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By CHILLYBILLY Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:25 pm
Hoping someone can help me here pleasaaase..so I’m using a MacBook Pro M1 Max (2021) macOS Sonoma 14.3.1 along with the Mpc software and a Mpc live 2 paired up with Apollo twin x interface and a Rode NT1000 microphone..everything was working perfectly until I woke my Mac up and went to YouTube to play a song and I noticed it was playing like fast as if I messed with the playback speed option on YouTube but I didn’t it was set to normal still so I contacted apple and they walked me step by step of what to do l..So first he had me go to settings of my MacBook and had me go to “monitor activity” and had me find “coreaudiod” he had me double click it and then click “quit”..then had me try to play the song again but it was still fast..so he had me restart my Mac in safe mode..tried the song again still fast playback speed..so I tried restarting my Mac again and then this time it was back to normal..after a hour or so listening to music on YouTube I felt like recording some lyrics over a beat I’ve made previously..so I go to record but I’m getting no microphone signal in the Mpc software but I am getting microphone signal on my Apollo twin x interface..so that would leave me to believe that the microphone is ok (especially being I’ve never dropped never go liquid in it or anything) since I’m getting signal through the interface..I feel like I’ve tried everything..if anyone could help me with this or lead me in the right direction I would highly appreciate it l..I don’t wanna have to spend on a new microphone then come to find out it was just a setting I needed to switch and having the ultimate “DUHHH” moment..thank you in advance
ChillyBilly
By NearTao Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:06 pm
I would concur, it does sound like there is nothing wrong with your mic.

It sounds like you need to tell the MPC software under settings/preferences to use your Apollo interface as an input.