For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.

By DT Abaddon Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:41 am
I'm wondering what I should purchase next.  Currently, all I have is an XL and using Reason and FruityLoops for my synth sounds. I was thinking about buying an Access Indigo or a Virus, but then i was told to buy an 8-track Multitracker/Recorder first.  Anybody got any suggestions?  Anything would be of great help.[/color]

By Tribe O' Judah Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:42 pm
It depends on what type of music you are producing. Are you satisfied with your drum sounds in those programs? Are you looking primarily for synths or better drum sounds? Give a little more detail about what your plans are.[/color]

By DT Abaddon Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:34 pm
Im not too worried about my drum sounds.  Im looking for more synth stuff for some acid jazz/drill n bass.[/color]

By Tribe O' Judah Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:37 pm
I would look at the Korg MS2000 (?) or the Roland JP8080/8000. These analog boards are very nice for those deep sub basses and lead sounds. They had a review about these in Keyboard magazine I believe. Sorry, I can't remember what month that was.[/color]