For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.

By 247beatz Sat Dec 14, 2002 10:43 pm
I am doing a studio in my basement. I have the mpc2000, yamaha mt8x mixer, mics, and a couple other small things, but i need to know what i should do to hook it up to my computer. If its a soundcard, I need to know some low-costing ones that have a midi in/out and a few other ins and outs.

By DJ2D Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:01 pm
Hello mate,

for your sound card, it depends on the money and on the options you've got on your mpc.

If you have the digital I/O, you should get a soundcard with the digital too. CHecks out stuff like the Terratec EWX 24/96, xith digital and Line I/O (but big jack sized, sounds good).

And don't get a soundblaster, evec the platinium with the rack, i've been told that it doesn't sounds so good![/color]

By Aurelius Mon Dec 16, 2002 4:21 pm
Also try looking at the M Audio range of soundcards.
I've had the Delta 66 for 2 years now  and have had no problems (this was bought before I got my 2KXL and abandoned computer sequencing because of its lack of tightness).
It has a 4 input/4 output breakout box to hook up to so you should be okay for a hot minute.
Peep the website at:
M-Audio[/color]

By EdwardSakamura Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:54 pm
hmmm, I have a Emu APS which uses the same chip as the soundblaster series, yet my soundcard sounds waaaayyy better. #1 it has 4 ins and 2 outs, all on balanced 1/4 jacks, not rca or mini stereo, all the hardware is professional and the efx it has are pretty nice. it records in 16 bit 48 khz, and it sound just crispy when i lay tracks down, its just a nice piece of gear that fell by the wayside back in the mid 90's, and emu stopped making high end soundcards for a minute, but it sounds PHAT. and can be bought used with the drive bay w 2 ins and (ps it has 2 digital ins and 2 digital outs) all the stuff for less the 50 bux, best soundcard deal available right now on ebay.[/color]

By KoolSha78 Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:42 pm
Holy moly I came up using Mt8X. Cool.[/color]