For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.

By midicase.com Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:04 pm
I use two setups:

#1:
Akai MPC3000
AKai S2000
Emu ESI-32
Ensoniq ASR-10
Mackie 1604vlz
Electrix Repeater
dBx 1066
Lexicon MPX-1
Art DST-4
Nord MicroModular
Alesis M1's

Since that is pretty much all samplers, I tend to remixes on that setup.

#2:
Waldorf Q kbd
ASR-10 (yep another one)
Roland JP-8080
Waldorf XT
Akai DPS16
MPC2000XL
Akai MFC42
Mackie Hr824's

That one is mostly synths, so I primarily do original work on there.[/color]

By KoolSha78 Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:06 am
hey midicase,

whats the deal with the Repeater, is it some sort of SP-808ish gizmo???[/color]

By D Rocka Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:23 am
hey midicase, does the waldorf keyboard sound good. does it sound like the classic synths. also does the asr-10 work good. im thinkin about buyin 1 off e bay, even though i got a mpc already[/color]

By midicase.com Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:05 am
The repeater is a `looper`.  Designed to record and then play loops in real-time.  It has four tracks.  It can change the pitch with out changing the tempo, change the tempo without chaning the pitch, reverse, overdub and mixodwn all in real-time.  Midi controllable and syncable.  It is pretty neat machine.  I use it primarily as a `recorder` and effect processor.  Loops sound really strange when you get down to 1 BPM.  They are not made anymore and fetch a high price in the 2nd hand market (actually for more than they sold new).

Teh Waldorf Q is a very nice keyboard.  Way to many features to list here.  Antoehr big OS update is coming soon.  More can be found at ww.waldrof-music.de.

The ASR-10 was way ahead of its time when it was made.  It is still a powerhouse today.  I am selling one of them since I really need the space.  The one being sold has had the floppy replaced with a Zip drive.[/color]