For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.

By Gambles Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:55 pm
Whats da deal MPC world?

I was wondering if anyone has used Propellerheads Reason?
I am cosidering getting a copy but would like a run down on its capabilities; to see if it is all it's hype up to be.

Uno/1

gams

By EdwardSakamura Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:43 pm
yah, I gots it, and it is dope. my favorite thing is that the MPC's sequencer can control reason, IE u can program on the mpc and use the pads, and have the stuff in reason play. if u dont wanna go buy another sampler for sampling keys and stuff u cant really do easily on the mpc, reason 2.0 will do it. also the synth's on reason are pretty cool, good for basslines, so for these 2 alone its worth it to me. 1.0 may be better if u dont care about being able to use reason as another sampler, but the Subtractor synth is pretty good, it aint the best but if u dont wanna spend 500 bux on a synth that can only do 1/2 of what reason's can, then reason is ur man, I believe pharrall uses it alot to make basslines.[/color]

By SinisterWRX Fri Dec 20, 2002 12:23 am
EdwardSakamura wrote:yah, I gots it, and it is dope. my favorite thing is that the MPC's sequencer can control reason, IE u can program on the mpc and use the pads, and have the stuff in reason play. if u dont wanna go buy another sampler for sampling keys and stuff u cant really do easily on the mpc, reason 2.0 will do it. also the synth's on reason are pretty cool, good for basslines, so for these 2 alone its worth it to me. 1.0 may be better if u dont care about being able to use reason as another sampler, but the Subtractor synth is pretty good, it aint the best but if u dont wanna spend 500 bux on a synth that can only do 1/2 of what reason's can, then reason is ur man, I believe pharrall uses it alot to make basslines.[/color]

how do you hook up Reason and the MPC together?  Can I use an MPC 2000 with Reason?  thanks. :)[/color]

By D Rocka Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:19 am
uh, do u have some sort of midi connection 2 ur computer. if u dont then just sample the reason sounds into the mpc. ive been doin it 4 days since i gotta go to ATL next week[/color]

By Penfold Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:00 am
ooooooh thats sound great!! I'm gonna go get my copy of reason now!![/color]