For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.

By mwatson Wed Dec 25, 2002 4:18 am
I cannot seem to get Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 to trigger my MPC 2000XL. I have already recorded drum patterns in my MPC.  I would like to have these patterns start to play by pressing record on Cakewalk.  I know this should be a straight forward process, but for some reason I just cannot get this to work.  When I press record in cakewalk, nothing happens on the MPC.  I have Cakewalk hooked to my MPC and 7 other keyboards through a Midi interface.  Everything else is working fine but the MPC.  I know I have my midi connections correct.  

All I want to be able to do is sync my MPC to Cakewalk so that I will be able to play pre-recorded patterns on my MPC by pressing record on Cakewalk.  I know I need to press Shift 9 on the MPC and go to options/project in Cakewalk, but I don't know what to do after that.  Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.[/color]

By midicase.com Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:31 am
The easiest would be midi clock.

Set cakewalk to transmit midi clock to the same port the MPC is on.  Set the MPC midi in sync to the input port (1 or 2) and set it to midi clock.[/color]

By KoolSha78 Fri Dec 27, 2002 6:44 pm
I think someone should mention before a million more topics pop up, this goes for every sequencer.[/color]