For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.

By bayareabeatsta Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:20 am
so i was using my friends triton today and we were trying to get the sounds playing from both machines at the same time.  the only thing we could accomplish with midi cables was via triton out, mpc in and then we could only play mpc sounds on triton keyboard.  im not sure if this is the only thing i can do but if anyone could shed some light i would appreciate it.  

thanks[/color]

By emd2449 Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:07 pm
you need to hook up mpc out to triton input, then hook mpc in to triton output and you should be ready to go. of course when you record to the mpc you have to make sure you change from a drum track to a midi track. also make sure the channel of the triton is the same as the channel you are recording to on the mpc.

it's as easy as that. . .[/color]

By bayareabeatsta Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:47 am
how do i set the channel on the mpc?  i know how to turn the track to a midi track but not set the channel.

thanks[/color]

By thynctank Mon Dec 30, 2002 9:50 am
What's up man. The MIDI channel on the MPC is located right next to the MIDI/Drum track indictator, usually it says 1 but you can set it to whatever you have the Triton on.

-thynctank[/color]