For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.

By venom Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:38 pm
I really need to learn MIDI between MPC 2000XL and PRO TOOLS LE on Mac g3.

I dont have any midi devices except for the the ability on the digi001 hardware device.

Is that enough?

After I have the cables hooked up.. how do I set it up in pro tools?

Also, this is because I do not have 8 outs on MPC. I want to be able to bring in 2 tracks at a time. At the same point where i can set up a midi track.. basically i am lost.

By NY6stringer Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:31 pm
Venom,

What's up ? I'm here in Atlanta, Ga and I just bought a new MPC 2000XL to use with my Pro Tools LE. You might want to invest in a MidiSport MIDI interface or maybe even an EMAGIC MT4 or UNITOR8 box. That way, you have all of your stuff able to talk back & forth. Hope this helps as I too, am a novice but, my MPC can talk to Pro Tools LE on my G4....Peace !

By KoolSha78 Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:02 am
All you really need to set up is the time code (look in your manuals), its fairly simple, that way every time you record a track to PT, it falls on beat, after you've recorded 4 bars of every track your done, time for the mixing (unless you use the pads on the MPC for the mixdown, either way your gonna be using MTC).

Be sure to check out the digi magazine on their website, some really nice hip hop oriented tips on there.

Have fun!!![/color]

By earthmorphosis Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:17 am
Look in Digidesign's 001 forum and do a search.  I've answered this question so many times I cant even tell you. BTW use Midi Beat Clock instead of MTC, and make the MPC the slave.
Good Luck.[/color]