For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By MrConflict Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:37 pm
Basically thats my setup. But the problem is i dont think im getting the most out of it as i could. My aim is to make the the basic outline of a beat on the MPC and then record it into Logic to sequence it and track it out properly. But this isnt really working how i want it to.

Firstly, i cant record midi directly from the MPC to Logic. It works if i play the samples in the MPC on my Phantom but i dont really want to have to do that. I can record it as audio but the first beat is always out and doesnt play back right.

Secondly, if i have the midi output from my Phantom connected to my computer can i then connect the Thru to the MPCs second input? Ive tried but i cant get it to work right.

Any help with these problems and any further advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

*If you wanna move this to the newbie room then do, but i thought it would be better in here.*
By Lampdog Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:48 pm
MrConflict wrote:make the the basic outline of a beat on the MPC and then record it into Logic to sequence it and track it out properly.

This part can also be done via mpc export (stems), no need to physically track out audio if you don’t want to.