For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.

By oceanstatekilla Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:30 pm
i have recently come across problems with my 2001 macg4 quicksilver. i had been running the 001 and pt le for 7 months and then all of a sudden no more.  the 001 is fine but it not compatible with my mac . go figure it worked for that long and i have 15gb of songs on there.  every time i talk to sojmeone they cannot answer my questions. i know all my stuff is straight , and on the digidesign page it says that my 733 is compatible and is not.i gotta get a fire wire recorder like the 001 . whats up with the presoneus firestation can i run pro tools on that if not what can run it. i was about to get 8 outs when this happened so the 8 outs are key and firewire is where its at. the mbox isnt doing much for me except setting me back    give me some info please     1

By earthmorphosis Fri Jan 10, 2003 8:26 pm
I remember there were a lot of problems with 001 on the new G4's.  I think they have been worked out by now.  But Im sure that you dont need to buy a new interface unless your 001 was physically damaged.  Double check all your connections. You really should post questions like this in the Pro Tools forums.  You will get a lot more help there. And, NO you cant use Pro Tools with ANY interfaces that are not made by Digidesign, Period!  This is my (and lots of other people's) main beef with Digidesign.[/color]

By oceanstatekilla Sat Jan 11, 2003 12:44 am
i guess i gotta get a mbox . i will do it 2 run pro tools[/color]