For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.

By triton&on Sun Jan 12, 2003 5:26 pm
I'm having a nightmare figuring out how to assign a separate midi channel (on the triton le) to each sound (patch).  The manual is totally confusing.  

I want to be able to trigger different sounds from the triton le (that i previously recorded into the mpc) at the same time (using the mpc as the sequencer0.

Help!
:(

By keyzfame Sun Jan 12, 2003 9:43 pm
i really dont think the korg triton le owners book is that bad...trust me i own a motif now and thats a stick in ya butt. anyways i use to own a triton le. are you using it in multi timbra mode.....when i had the le i just put in in seq. mode and just use my 16 tracks as my 16 midi channels...i know its the same but i just never understand the multi timbral thing when just turning on the le....[/color]

By triton&on Sun Jan 12, 2003 10:06 pm
thanks but this doesnt make sense to me.  are you saying that the 16 sequencer tracks are automatically assigned to midi 1 to 16 out of the triton?[/color]

By triton&on Sun Jan 12, 2003 10:21 pm
By the way I appreciate the help![/color]

By keyzfame Sun Jan 12, 2003 11:18 pm
its been about 5 months since i had a le. so im not too fresh on it no more. using the le seq. adn the mpc can get ugly sometimes but it works....on the mpc make sure your device channel is 1 and the on the le i think you should see what channel or did they use track when you use it...all in all they must match mpc and triton le...im sorry if this dont work but if it dont look in the for sale part casue there is a guy getting rid of a le so you can send him a personal message and see what he do or did when he used his.[/color]

By triton&on Mon Jan 13, 2003 12:51 am
cool thanks[/color]

By rasaban Mon Jan 13, 2003 7:13 am
Hi, I own Triton Pro 76 and this is what I do ....

1. Put Triton in Sequencer mode

2. Under RPPR  Track select T01

3. Select Program or Combi

4. On MPC go to Tr: Select Track -1

5. Set MPC to Midi : 1a

6. Record track

7 Go to next track on Triton  ( use track select ) T02

8.New track on MPC Tr:2 Track -2

9. Set MPC Midi : 2a.

and on and on............[/color]

By triton&on Mon Jan 13, 2003 10:01 pm
Thanks so much - dumb question...what's RPPR?[/color]

By rasaban Mon Jan 13, 2003 10:47 pm
triton&on wrote:

Thanks so much - dumb question...what's RPPR?

From a Korg Site Tip Sheet

"RPPR - Real-Time Pattern Play and Record

RPPR, Real-time Pattern Play and Record, lets you record and save musical phrases and ideas as patterns. You can play a pattern back by simply pressing the key you've assigned it to.

One of the challenges when creating a sequence has posed an big hurdle to a large number of musicians: drum grooves and rhythm tracks. This is supposed to be one of the fun and easy parts, right? How many times have you said, "I'll lay down a simple groove and build on that," just to find out that you can't get it to feel right, or you aren't satisfied with the parts you played? Then you have to develop the rest of the song, finding the parts that will work in the chorus, solo, and on and on...What if this process could be made easier?

With RPPR, Patterns take on a whole new meaning. The Real-time Pattern Play (RPPR) and Record function of these instruments gives you the tools to simplify creating those illusive rhythm tracks.

The EXB-PCM03 (Future Loop Construction) is an expansion board, designed for use with the new KARMA Workstation or any model Triton. This is a board loaded with 16 megabytes of PCM recorded drums and drum loops, time-sliced to make them more useable. comes with a library of patterns. Along with the card comes a disk containing program (sounds) and sequences (RPPR patterns). This library is independent of any song and can be loaded and saved to disk as its own file. Using the RPPR function in the sequencer you can select up to 76 patterns and assign them to keys for playback. Press a key and the pattern starts. Release the key and the pattern stops.

Pick a basic tempo and press any of the keys that are assigned to patterns. Play with different pattern types. Or juggle the order. Once your ideas have taken shape, put the sequencer in record, and just play your patterns by pressing the corresponding keys (in real-time) into the sequencer. That's it!

Gone are the individual drum hits, and the stubborn battle with timing and feel. Gone are the multiple passes for different drums and cymbals. Now you have a wide selection of patterns to choose from. And the ability to concentrate on the structure of the song.

The library of patterns is great for many situations, but sometimes you might need something a bit different. That brings us to second R in RPPR: the Record Pattern Function.

With the N364, Triton or KARMA workstations, you can create your own patterns and add them to the library, from the ground up. Remember, you can save a pattern (as a sequence) along with the Program data, to disk so you can create as many as you like or need.

A Pattern is not limited to drums and rhythms. Any program can be used in a Pattern. Each Pattern has its own tempo parameter, as well as a selection for the type of trigger mode. You can set the trigger mode to play a Pattern once, play continuously, or play as long as the key is pressed.

The Triton/KARMA's RPPR feature is accessed only in the sequencer mode.

One can start recording RPPR's immediately simply by going to the "pattern edit" tab and pressing REC/Write and Start/Stop. The pattern will be looped until one stops the pattern. The default is a 1 bar pattern, but one can choose the length by touching the upper right hand of the screen and selecting "pattern parameters". There is also a time signature choice here within pattern parameters.  

Once the pattern(s) is/are completed, one must assign these new pattern(s) to different keys so they may be triggered. Go to the RPPR setup tab. Choose the key that will trigger the pattern (the default is C#2, which is the lowest black key of a 61 key Triton), then check the box next to assign. Repeat procedure for any other patterns, selecting different keys on the keyboard as triggers.

If one would like to synchronize these patterns to the sequencer, be sure to select "Sync" to "Seq" for each assignment.

Finally, on Page 0 of the sequencer, make sure to check mark "RPPR".

Now you are ready to rock (or swing, or groove)."

Hope this answers your Question.[/color]

By triton&on Tue Jan 14, 2003 3:23 am
big thanks....on and up.[/color]