For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.

By oceanstatekilla Sun Jan 12, 2003 9:02 pm
whats up with this little banger , the vocoder seems like it would be ill to freak with and it can twerk incoming sounds it has 2 inputs and a appregiator and a bunch of efx  .  will this help my beats , can u get grimey sounds out this thing. i have only heard good reviews what do u all think

By ksada Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:11 am
I'm thinking about getting this for all that, and the fact it can run on batteries. Seems like a fun little keyboard and has a high resale price.[/color]

By KoolSha78 Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:57 pm
If its anything like the MS2000 you wont be dissapointed.[/color]

By oceanstatekilla Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:26 pm
its supposed to be the little brother one reason i thought it would be tigt is you can run recirds through it and put effects on  the record then sample to the mpc. since i dont play keys and want a little something to learn with and it has the vocoder which is probably  ill to mess with and all the effects and appregios[/color]

By KoolSha78 Mon Jan 13, 2003 7:16 pm
Yeah thats one of the reasons i got the ms2000, it doubles as a nice analog filter for samples, sounds, etc....i run my outboard mixing units aux sends into it...in addition to using its presets for bass lines and pads and the board as a nice midi controller...just for the record you can get a nice used ms2000 on eBay for the price of a new Micro. i got mine for $550.[/color]

By turn Tue Jan 14, 2003 3:33 am
i have a micro...dont really use the vocoder.but the sounds are nice.[/color]

By bccrgrz Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:30 pm
I don't have the micro, but it seems cool to bring around 'cause it's compact, but for about $100 more you can get the MS2000 rack (new) if you want more features, but you need a controller and it has every feature the micro has plus more...that's another option.

does anyone have the MS2000 (rack or key)? how do you like it?[/color]