For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.

By osset Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:20 am
whats the deal?  im working with the above mentioned toys midi'd up & i have some quick questions. . .

with the ts & mpc would i be able to hear sounds from the mpc if I connected two 1/4 cables from the back of the ts to the record in of the mpc or is a mixer the only way to have the sounds from my mpc & ts playin through the same speaker?  i currently have the ts & mpc playin through two seperate speakers. . .

how often do you use the sequencer in your keyboard (keyboard brand doesnt matter as long as it has a built in sequencer - ts, motif, asr, etc.)?  i personally think the sequencer in the ts sucks compared to the mpc but i do try to use it because i dont always have the mpc turned on when im just messin with tryin to put together some melodies. . .

does anybody know where i can get some stereo 1/8 to 1/4 y cables thats at least fifteen feet - i currently have some thats two & three feet but its a hassle movin my mpc closer to the pc when i want to get a track online. . .

good lookin in advance. . .[/color]

By rasaban Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:57 am
You need a small mixer . Check out some of the Behringer's or if you have the money get a small mackie VLZ 1202 .

Behringer MX602A 6 Channel Mixing Console
$59.99Image

Or for a few dollars more .........
Behringer MX802A Eurorack Mixer
Features 4 mono channels, 2 stereo channels, 2 aux sends, 2 stereo returns, 3-band EQ (fixed),
$79.99

By osset Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:35 am
i decided to get a mackie 1604 to cover future expansion. . .

my mpc doesnt have the eight outs so i know i have to use the two quarter inch stereo outs to connect to the mixer - however, do i use two quarter inch cables and connect the left & right stereo outs of the mpc into two channels of the mixer or do i get a y cable and connect the double end in the stereo out of the mpc and the single end to one channel of the mixer?

with the triton studio @ the moment im only usin a couple of tracks and i dont need to mix anything so can i use a y cable and connect the double end to the main audio output (l/mono & r)? could i also connect four single quarter inch cables from the individual output to four channels in the mixer?

By rasaban Sat Jan 18, 2003 8:09 am
There you go, I got a Behringer mx2642a ,which I believe Behringer designed/ripoff from the Mackie 1642. anyway you can't lose with a good Mixer.

so can i use a y cable and connect the double end to the main audio output (l/mono & r)? could i also connect four single quarter inch cables from the individual output to four channels in the mixer?

Yes ,but you need to assign the output in the insert effects page, Menu - P8
-Routing Tab