For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By actionated Thu May 18, 2006 4:24 pm
when i picked up my output expander for my asr-10 the dude did not include the cable. so i went on this site http://www.syntaur.com/cables.html and ordered the cable. when i got it in the mail for some reason it did not work. at that point i thought it was my output expander so i borrowed my friends cable and tested it on mine and it worked. i also of course tested the new cable on his and it did not work. so i called syntaur and mailed it back and they sent me another cable. the same thing happened. wat the hell. anyone know anything about this. the dude thinks im crazy says this "has never happened" and they "sell these by the bundles." he could be lying but why wouldn't this work and does anyone know where i can get another one.
By Syntaur Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:54 pm
Okay, so this post is about four years after the fact... Better late than never?

As I recall, at some point we were sent a batch of wrong cables from our supplier, and what we had sold for years suddenly wasn't working any more. When we realized this, we corrected the problem with the supplier, and we have since had the correct cables for the OEX-6sr. We haven't had any subsequent issues with this.

I hate that we left Actionated stranded with a non-working cable! (And if you see this, Actionated, please contact us - even though I'm sure you've long since straightened out your cable troubles, we'd still like to make this bad transaction right for you!)

We do have the correct output expander cables for the ASR-10 and EPS-16 Plus - and should even have the OEX-8 cable for the EPS shortly.

Sam
Syntaur Productions
www.syntaur.com
By dabmeister Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:08 pm
How's it going Sam? Question: Do you carry the scsi option and the digital connection (for the coax I/O) for the ASR10?
By Syntaur Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:57 pm
We actually do have the ASR SCSI kit in stock right now - but only a few left ($329.95). The DI-10 Digital Interface is VERY hard to come by, so no luck on that one.

And on the ASR-10 topic, we have gotten more and more into parts lately, so we have a pretty good inventory or ASR (and other Ensoniq) spare keys and other repair parts. The ASR-10 has a huge and loyal following, and we're doing what we can to keep them going.

Sam
Syntaur Productions
www.syntaur.com
By jonestown massacre Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:59 pm
Sam, Im in desperate need of an OEX-6 so I can track out my album, but I cant find one anywhere. Do you have access to one?
By Syntaur Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:06 pm
Sorry, but we don't have the OEX-6 expander available right now.

Just an idea - do you have access to an ASR-10 rack? It has the expander built in, and it may be easier to come across an ASR Rack than the expander itself...

Sam
Syntaur Productions
www.syntaur.com
By Clint Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:14 pm
Syntaur wrote:We actually do have the ASR SCSI kit in stock right now - but only a few left ($329.95). The DI-10 Digital Interface is VERY hard to come by, so no luck on that one.... on the ASR-10 topic, we have gotten more and more into parts lately, so we have a pretty good inventory or ASR (and other Ensoniq) spare keys and other repair parts. The ASR-10 has a huge and loyal following, and we're doing what we can to keep them going.

Sam
Syntaur Productions

You might want to drop some info in this thread, more ASR/ Ensoniq owners and users will see it for sure.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=106526

Good to have suppliers onboard.