For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By cullings Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:52 am
My filter cops the most gank f**kn spit from a few of my comrades.
I would like to know if any of you have some cleaning methods for the filter, mic casing and even the diaphragm on a condenser mic if this is possible to clean...The smell can be a little off putting sometimes

By Brassco Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:24 am
hah, i know what you mean. and that shit smells too. i remeber we used to spray air freshner on it

By HARRY HUSTLE Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:32 am
haha damn smelling that bad? tell your partners relax with all that spraying up the mic lol...

I personally wouldnt go doing anything to the mic unless your familiar with taking stuff apart etc...

As far as the pop filter I mean unless the funk is at the point of no return...I would think some FeBreeze could prolly get the job done....

By poundaproblem Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:21 pm
indivisibleProductions wrote:If it's smelling, I'd just buy a new one.

they will all smell if you use them enough. Why waste money. it would take longer to go to the store and buy another one when you can just spend 5 minutes and some soap.

By Mr modnaR Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:44 pm
why clean your own pop filter when you can... damn i don't have an alternative....

By rabulisten Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:58 pm
"Why don't you just tell me the name of the movie you selected?"
:lol:
it still better to do it cheap. you can use old pantyhose when they start to rank.aint fun washing off dry spit,just throw it in the bin. who buys pop filters anyway? what are you? dre?

By poundaproblem Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:57 pm
rabulisten wrote:"Why don't you just tell me the name of the movie you selected?"
:lol:
it still better to do it cheap. you can use old pantyhose when they start to rank.aint fun washing off dry spit,just throw it in the bin. who buys pop filters anyway? what are you? dre?

^^^I dont think any of that made sence but anyways.... I'm not having clients come into my studio talking into a pair of pantyhose. I mean seriously how hard is it to just wash the thing. D@mn talk about lazy. Whatever makes you happy I guess. :roll:

By HARRY HUSTLE Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:57 pm
Mr modnaR wrote:why clean your own pop filter when you can... damn i don't have an alternative....

hahahahahaha!

Perfectly executed!

By 950skweezyotitties Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:11 am
Mr modnaR wrote:why clean your own pop filter when you can... damn i don't have an alternative....

why clean it when you can.... not give a f*ck and let that sh*t stay dirty