Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By jazzroom Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:22 pm
ThaContender wrote:Ok so I've tried two different RAM sticks now and neither work in my 1000. I think the first one was not PC133 but I know for a fact the second one purchased was exactly to spec. 256MB PC133 SODIMM from Computer Memory Solutions. I'm running JJOS 3.16 (the free one) and on the memory check it gets to 49% and then gives me the fail message followed by 88000000

Do I keep trying other brands of RAM or is it possible something is wrong with my sampler?

:Sigh:

Same problem with 3 different memory expantion chips with my mpc1000 Black.

It had 128mb installed and used to work perfect on JJOS 3.18
but after I got it out of the storage where it's been for 8 years , it fails to boot - memory fails :(
Bought 2 new Samsung chips from Ebay the seller has tested them in his mpc ,
but they fail too.

MPC boots well without the expantion into 16mb.
Looks like mpc stopped accepting memory expantions....

What could have happened with my MPC?

Any ideas?
By jazzroom Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:38 pm
NearTao wrote:Might be a dirty connection... tried rubbing alcohol on a qtip and gently rubbing the contacts?

Thanks for reply, I've tried to clean contacts, they looked totally clean.
Tried 3 different memory modules - all failed :(

Mpc seems to see that it's a 128mb memory when it starts checking memory for errors, and than fails at the end ...
that means it's nothing to do with bad contacts....?
What else could be wrong that MPC stopped accepting any memory ..
even the old module that used to work ?
By richie Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:11 am
I personally choose the double sided SODIMM PC133 256MB of memory for best compatibility.

While I do realize that it'll only read 128MB of that, I've found that doing it the way has had the most success vs single sided 128MB SODIMM modules.
By jazzroom Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:49 am
richie wrote:I personally choose the double sided SODIMM PC133 256MB of memory for best compatibility.

While I do realize that it'll only read 128MB of that, I've found that doing it the way has had the most success vs single sided 128MB SODIMM modules.

Yes, the memory module that used to work 10 years ago , but stopped , and 2 other new modules are all double sided Samsung correct type modules...
non work....
There must be something wrong with the mpc ...but what?
Pulling my hair :hmmm:
By jazzroom Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:51 pm
NearTao wrote:Broken memory clip? Are you able to tell if the memory is seated properly?

Memory clip is ok , clicking in, seated well
otherwise how would JJOS 3.16 memory self test by bootloader could see it as 128mb Ram modules if it wasn't seated well or something was broken?
the memory problem started after MPC being stored for 8 years not used....before that memory and operation were ok.
Puzzled :hmmm: