Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By SpaceRider Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:27 pm
Did anyone has experienced this message on startup? Message says : CPU Address error(read). and after error there is commands and addresses. MPC 1000 is frozen at this point. However tried to put the OS 2.12 and JJ os 3.08, both installed successfully, but error at startup remains. :(
Could somebody suggest a cure? Please help.
By LunaticBastard Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:41 pm
contact vstservice.com there is a problem with your core processor
By SpaceRider Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:33 am
Opened machine, checked for loose contacts. Somehow got it booted up. That means processor board is ok. But it seems the problem is in pads triggering itself. It works for some time and then crashes. When sequencer window is opened it is visible that f....n pads are trigerring itself. And some weird combination af sounds is heard. And than comes that CPU address error and machine hangs up.
Could that be pad problem???
By NearTao Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:10 pm
Anything is possible, but I'd think it unlikely that it's a pad problem causing this issue.

Might be worth disconnecting the pad ribbon cable and booting up and see what happens though. Never done this personally so I can't say if you will or will not get any problems from them not being connected. You won't be able to do much, but see if you can use the arrows and such to move around.
By SpaceRider Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:12 pm
Disconnected ribbon cable for pads. The problem still exists :( Pads are not the cause :?
Does somebody knows some diagnostic software for MPC? Would be much appreciated.
By NearTao Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:34 pm
SpaceRider wrote:Disconnected ribbon cable for pads. The problem still exists :( Pads are not the cause :?
Does somebody knows some diagnostic software for MPC? Would be much appreciated.

Run the memory test (forget how to start it) and make sure the memory is in tight?
By LunaticBastard Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:54 pm
Refer to my original post. If your looking for an easy fix you will not find it. There is a problem with your CPu and unless you are an akai tech you will not be able to fix it. Contact vst. The only debugging software is in akais possesion.
By SpaceRider Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:51 pm
Hallelujah...

The cause was cheap :evil: connectors Akai :angry: used to connect between boards. All overhauled and contacts cleaned. Noo moore errorrs :)
By prynce23 Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:01 pm
"The cause was cheap connectors Akai used to connect between boards. All overhauled and contacts cleaned"

I have the same problem, what do you mean by all "overhauled and contacts cleaned" how do do that on my mpc 1000.
By MikeOxford Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:06 am
I'm experiencing kind of the same problem.
I bought my MPC1000 2 months ago, brand new.
Problems started 1 week ago.
I happens randomly... I start working and sometimes it just crashes... It suddenly starts triggering random pads fast and then crashes.
First time it said:
CPU address error (write)
and last two times it's saying:
Illegal general instruction exeption

I'm worried. I use it everyday.
I have to say, this last 2 weeks weather has been a bit too hot, could that be the cause?
I re-sitted the 128 ram and re-installed the OS already (JJOS2xl latest version) hoping that would help but it happened again today.
By the way, it's the last MPC1000 version, the one with the good pads.

Any help would be really appreciated guys.
By koncepticon Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:30 pm
SOLVED

This is not a bad CPU.

You may see this along with other errors, and the most likely cause is your CF card, or hard drive / zip drive..
if the disk is bad, it can't write on it. get a new one, then format it with the mpc before doing anything.
NEVER repair an MPC disk in OSX or windows.

Chkdsk and disk utility will also cause this. If you are not sure - back it up, format it on another mpc, or just format it fat 16 for now, then if you can boot then go to load > format immediately.