Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By b.read Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:56 pm
Is there any way to up the max. size the front slot can read? Is the 2 gb limit true? Haven't tried anything bigger
By b.read Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:06 am
thanks ^^^ sounds like there's a big difference in speed between the internal slot and the front?
By Mekishiko Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:46 am
edited, i meant slot, not slow.

The speed honestly doesn't make a lick of difference: the read speed seems zippier than the standard HD for any flash media, usually the write speed is slower, but even that isn't noticeable on the MPC. Go back and read i tried to illustrate the write/read speed via USB already. BUt as far as saving projects and samples and trimming etc, it's all the same.
By b.read Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:53 am
gotcha- funny how one letter makes a difference like that
By jita1 Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:27 pm
Awesome idea. I may do this myself.. 8)
By alamin Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:16 am
Sorry for this question, but what is the advantage of puting a CF in the Hard Drive slot, instead of putting
*directly* the CF card in the CF slot ?

Thanks !
By Triple-X Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:56 pm
this is a dope mod.. Much respect to the OP who came up with this..

this funny thing is < i was browsing on a pc parts site about a week ago before seeing this thread.. and saw the CF to HD adapter and thought "Hmmm, I wonder if that would work and if it would be worth while. its kinda like a sold state drive emulator".

And then this thread caught my eye.

Im gonna try this on my 2500.. I already have an extra hdm10 hard drive kit too so I will post my results for the 2500 as well , for those users curious about the results.

my first attempt however will be with an 8GB 133x CF card.. if that works I will purchase A bigger card and try.. maybe 64gb.
By alamin Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:37 pm
Please, can you explain me what is the advantage of using a CF card in the hard drive slot via
an adapter instead of plugging the CF in the CF slot ?
By Mekishiko Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:30 am
alamin wrote:Please, can you explain me what is the advantage of using a CF card in the hard drive slot via
an adapter instead of plugging the CF in the CF slot ?

please read the entire thread, this has already been answered.
By Triple-X Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:30 am
yo, unless I missed it I have a good find.

a CF card adapter that will actually screw into the HDM10 tray like a hard drive.
and its cheap!
I order all kinds of stuff from the site I linked to here.. cables, adapters.. they are ALWAYS cheap and always good quality stuff and fast shipping.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/produ ... largeimage
By Mekishiko Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:42 pm
HEY that is a good find indeed! that is awesome, I could use that for other projects as well.

Triple-X wrote:yo, unless I missed it I have a good find.

a CF card adapter that will actually screw into the HDM10 tray like a hard drive.
and its cheap!
I order all kinds of stuff from the site I linked to here.. cables, adapters.. they are ALWAYS cheap and always good quality stuff and fast shipping.

By Triple-X Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:13 pm
Mekishiko wrote:HEY that is a good find indeed! that is awesome, I could use that for other projects as well.

Triple-X wrote:yo, unless I missed it I have a good find.

and its cheap!

I hadn't yet gotten around to ordering that part I linked to yet, but another used PM'd me about it.. re-sparked my curiosity, so I just did. Results to follow in a week or so once I receive and try it.
By Tactikz Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:53 pm
Thanx for that info... modded my mpc1k. :D
By Triple-X Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:12 pm
Okay got the full track adapter.. the joint I linked to a few posts back.
Installed it with NO problems. just make sure you set the Jumper CS(cable select) and I left the voltage jumper in the default position at 3.3V. I only have an 8GB CF card to test with currently. but again, it worked no problem.
PICS.. click to enlarge.

SO no tape, no anti static material needed. just screw it in and go.
plenty of space between the adapter and the hdm10 tray too.

ImageImageImage