Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Tee Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:13 pm
inflict3 wrote:yea that is perfect. too bad i already ordered mine, and its a short one. but mine only cost 1.00 + 2.50 shipping :lol:

Shit, that IS cheap! :lol:
What CF-card did you get?

BTW: I really like the isaac hayes tribute on your myspace! Good sh*t! :D
By inflict3 Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:23 am
Tee wrote:
inflict3 wrote:yea that is perfect. too bad i already ordered mine, and its a short one. but mine only cost 1.00 + 2.50 shipping :lol:

Shit, that IS cheap! :lol:
What CF-card did you get?

BTW: I really like the isaac hayes tribute on your myspace! Good sh*t! :D

I havent ordered the cf card yet.. lol.. not sure what im gonna get. prob 16, or 32.. hey, thanks for the comments. I hardly go on myspace anymore. on youtube im selfinflict3. do you have a youtube?? ill sub ya
By Mekishiko Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:48 pm
I'm glad people still like the tutorial :)

A tip: DONT EVER USE ADATA CF CARDS they are trash, They were nice and honored their lifetime warranty on my 16GB that died, but the replacement died after 2 months of extremely sparse use. Trashhhhhhhhhh.
By onjay Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:43 am
Hi, Im having problem formatting the CF card for the HDD mod for the Akai MPC 1000. It gives me "Format Invalid" error message.
I've followed the instructions and tried other CF cards but get the same result. It looks like im the first one to fail at this modification :x
Im new to this forum and I would really appreciate if anyone can help me solve this issue.

I have JJ OS1 4.99L installed and using a Kingston 16GB elite pro CF card purchased from ebay. The card was also tested on my DSLR camera and works fine (even when formatted using Windows Vista PC FAT32)

Also for some reason the CF card slot on the MPC can read the 16GB card which I thought was impossible. Im new to the MPC (Ive had it for about a year) Please let me know if Im doing something wrong with the modification.

cheers...
By zyguli Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:56 am
Mekishiko wrote:the bottle neck is the USB port.

You wrote that the speed of the USB limits the speed of the CF card, but that just concerns transferring from and to pc, right? What about internal saving and loading? What is the maximum speed that can be achieved? What is the fastest card that would benefit?
By Mekishiko Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:36 am
That may be true now but when I originally wrote the how-to it was 2008 and Solid state drives were 300-400$ back then.
Even still, the adapter is dirt cheap still from chinese retailers on ebay (less than $5) and a Compact flash card isnt going to run you $100

andy wrote:So does anyone have any experience with using actual solid state drives?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product

Using those seem to be cheaper than going the CF card route with the hd-cf converter and stuff.

PS: I'm an mpc noob...it hasn't even arrived yet
By mosdman Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:58 pm
Nice post and thanks for the details but I'm confused why do it this way when you can get a fast 120GB or even 160GB Hard Drive for about the same money? :?:
By mosdman Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:00 pm
ohh and by the way SATA Hard Drives are not compatible on the MPC1000, just throwing that out there before you guys spend a bunch of money on one
By Jungleman Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:24 am
mosdman wrote:ohh and by the way SATA Hard Drives are not compatible on the MPC1000, just throwing that out there before you guys spend a bunch of money on one

Really? Thanks for the information.

You didn't read the thread at all, did you?
By mosdman Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:26 am
Jungleman wrote:
mosdman wrote:ohh and by the way SATA Hard Drives are not compatible on the MPC1000, just throwing that out there before you guys spend a bunch of money on one

Really? Thanks for the information.

You didn't read the thread at all, did you?

yeah i did, i have my 1000 for years and never had any problems with my 160gb 5400 hd loading slow or anything getting hot and never and still working fine. besides the cf card install is nothing new guys been doing it to save a few bucks but if you know where to shop you can still save money