Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By elevated Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:05 pm
UNBELIEVABLE! 1 of the best looking style flip designs I've seen, strangely enough... I thought it was real
By Yung Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:28 am
not to many custom Mpc1000s around i see. poundas is nice, though some of the buttons look like they could have been painted alil better. Maybe its justg the pics?
By xibalba1875 Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:46 am
^^^^ thats probably the quality of the picture. paint job looks great looks alot like my 2500, just black and nothing else.
By xibalba1875 Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:48 am
Jfalconcrest wrote:The Real Deal -

Custom JogDial

thats what i want to do with my 2500, i hate that piece of sh*t jog wheel. i actually filed the lip down so i can slide the jog wheel off without taking the cover off, this way i dont have to figure out how the jog wheel goes on several hundred times.

how did you go about making that custom jog wheel?
By b.read Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:28 am
I want to hear more about the custom jog wheel as well!

Also, Watupange- check out this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=97996

for some ideas- hope this helps.
By Jfalconcrest Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:47 pm
I'm a bit ashamed actually...

I took measurements of the wheel (The Lip that fits in the hole, and the Hole that fits around the post) and I basically went to Best Buy and started pulling knobs off of stuff until I found a few that would probably work. Put 'em in my pockets and walked out...

I would NOT suggest thievery. I am not proud. This was before I had a few experiences which woke me up from my dormant state. A little hard work and I'm sure you can find some knobs that will work for nothing or next to nothing, then just swap 'em out. I had to sand the lip a VERY little bit to make it turn smooth.

ALSO: It will NOT change the cheap feel of the wheel. For that I recommend the fix seen here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=110295 which I am about to do myself. Thanks Rich!
By xibalba1875 Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:15 pm
Jfalconcrest wrote:I'm a bit ashamed actually...

I took measurements of the wheel (The Lip that fits in the hole, and the Hole that fits around the post) and I basically went to Best Buy and started pulling knobs off of stuff until I found a few that would probably work. Put 'em in my pockets and walked out...

I would NOT suggest thievery. I am not proud. This was before I had a few experiences which woke me up from my dormant state. A little hard work and I'm sure you can find some knobs that will work for nothing or next to nothing, then just swap 'em out. I had to sand the lip a VERY little bit to make it turn smooth.

ALSO: It will NOT change the cheap feel of the wheel. For that I recommend the fix seen here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=110295 which I am about to do myself. Thanks Rich!

i remember hearing that before :lol: i actually like the feel of the 1k vs the 2500
By sonseelye Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:01 pm
this thread makes me want a 1k muahhahahah...hey xi im going to figure out a way to change my 2500 also,ill keep u in mind.
By xibalba1875 Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:09 pm
^^^ thats how i roll mpc 1k for "portable" uses 2500 for home along side my e-mu sp1200 that ive yet to dive into.

if i were you hawk the 2000 once you fix it up sice you have a 2kxl and the 500 (shudder)

what are your other plans for the 2500

ive found that what i did to the 2500 plastic jog wheel (sanding off the lip) works out just great no more having to adjust the plastic wheel when you're putting the cover back on
By b.read Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:46 pm
Jfalconcrest wrote:I'm a bit ashamed actually...

Lol - whatever works man! Sometimes you gotta get creative :twisted:
By sonseelye Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:56 pm
xibalba1875 wrote:
what are your other plans for the 2500
ive found that what i did to the 2500 plastic jog wheel (sanding off the lip) works out just great no more having to adjust the plastic wheel when you're putting the cover back on

i did the same thing with the lip cause the first time i took the case off i put the wheel on wrong and after i put the whole thing back together,the wheel wouldnt move..lol...
but other than that im going to try to find a poteiometer that will fit and be more like the
"pole" instead of that thing thats on there,,,so it will be able to fit something like the 2000xl wheel..
and not sure what else yet,its fairly new so if i find any bugs in the "hardware" parts i will see what i can do about fixing them...oh and customize like always..