Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Spires Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:48 pm
My MPC1000 has been working fine with the official RAM expansion (128 meg) installed for over a year. For some reason when powering it on today it does a memory check and gives this error:

"MPC1000 Bootblock Ver:1.03
Boot on SODIMM memory check mode
Total memory size : 128MBytes
Check memory .....
pass 1 : failed(8c0021dc)
The problem was found in memory.
Please check the memory.
system halt..."

Does anyone have any idea what has caused this? It's been used heavily for ages with no problems until today. Will I just need to buy new memory? I've never had any dealings with Akai's UK technical support, but I need this fixed ASAP.
By MPCHunter Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:59 am
If the RAM holder became damaged (i.e. the machine was dropped and the RAM inside moved and damaged the holder) it could also cause this.

Your best bet it to reseat the RAM and try to boot it again. If that doesn't fix it, like D-iLL suggested, get some new RAM off eBay to see if it fixes it -- it's definitely cheaper than sending it out for service.
By jazzroom Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:58 pm
Have exactly the same problem since a year : memory expantion just started failing at startup that has been working for 10 years .
Spent few months trying new chips no matter what memory brand I m trying to install it fails the memory test ! :(
I've bought 3 legit compatibe chips ..no go. Today I ve tried the original Mutec module ive bought for a high price - the test failed :(
I have no idea anymore to what could have had happened with my MPC1000 : the memory slot is ok.. I've tried to erase the JJOS and go back to AKAI Os ..same error.

Maybe there is something got corrupt in the
MPC internal flash memory soldered on the motherboard that could be reset by some key combination?
Any ideas?
Peace
By jazzroom Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:19 pm
jazzroom wrote:Have exactly the same problem since a year : memory expantion just started failing at startup that has been working for 10 years .
Spent few months trying new chips no matter what memory brand I m trying to install it fails the memory test ! :(
I've bought 3 legit compatibe chips ..no go. Today I ve tried the original Mutec module ive bought for a high price - the test failed :(
I have no idea anymore to what could have had happened with my MPC1000 : the memory slot is ok.. I've tried to erase the JJOS and go back to AKAI Os ..same error.

Maybe there is something got corrupt in the
MPC internal flash memory soldered on the motherboard that could be reset by some key combination?
Any ideas?
Peace

Bumping the old thread and the problem still there :(
anyone , any clues ideas?