Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By gem000 Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:59 am
Hey,

So yeh whenever I go into the mixer and select a track the balance control moves all the way left and the volume moves down halfway and then keeps moving around without me touching anything on the mpc....anyone else have this problem or have any idea how it could be fixed?

Cheers!
By illiterati Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:04 am
were you changing the volumes/pans of the mixer tracks while the mpc was recording? Sounds like you may have recorded mixer automation.
i cant remember whether you can disable or clear the automation via an option, of if youll have record (not overdub) with the track pans etc where you want them.
By CoinUp! Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:21 am
gem000 wrote:No its definately not that cus it happens even when I turn the mpc off then on again and go straight into the mixer without recording again....cheers for the help tho, any other ideas?

Without autoloading?
By NearTao Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:31 am
It only does this when hooked into a mixer? Sounds like you might have a short or something, but seems odd. If you're plugged into the mixer and hook into the headphone jack and listen, does it do it on the headphones as well?

You sure it's a problem with the MPC and not your mixer?
By gem000 Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:44 am
even before doing anything. It doesnt do it if nothing is loaded to the pads, but when i load something and go into the mixer it happens to the selected channel only, and as soon as I move onto another channel it starts to do it on that channel only....quite odd!