Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By inflict3 Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:45 pm
so still no pad upgrades, or pcb boards.. akai team is full of shit!
By BLiTzZD Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:02 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Akai just wants you to buy brand new MPCs instead of buying parts to repair your current ones. Its the only way to move stock and clear out merchandise.

I doubt that mang..... Contact Akai, they don't even have a confirmed date to resume production of the 1000... after their last run they put the brakes on.

They are waiting to see how long it takes to deplete their inventory of built units. If they don't sell "this many" by "this date" they probably wont produce any more, meaning parts sourcing and buying won't happen. The 1000 had issues that required the buyer to fork over extra dough... not a good business model for any product.

I'm willing to bet money on this. After all, how many controllers has Akai put out over the last 2 years? LOTS. They are building shit, just not MPC's.
By inflict3 Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:12 am
man, all i want is the blue mpc1000 pad fix. is that too much to ask for??
By Soul One Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:57 pm
i asked mpcstuff about the availability of the pad fix upgrades and they told me they will have them in 2-4 weeks. but that was like 4 weeks ago :(

i am glad i found one of the blue mpc´s on ebay with the pad fix already equipped.

these guys at akai/numark/whatevvar are world´s *** ***!
By ChrioN Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:01 pm
This is making me truly furious. Is it even legal to sell products without offering spare parts for said product?
100% unacceptable. They always offered spare parts back in the days.
If they can't supply spare parts, then they can't offer repairs. WTF? Akai is a member of a much larger mega company if I'm not mistaken. They shouldn't be doing this. This is greedy and so nasty. Yuk.

For me this means supporting a company I rather not pay a cent to, mpcstuff.com. And I have to change ALL the buttons in the whole machine because apparently the colors of the fake ones doesn't match the stock original ones. I need to change 3 buttons.
By mr_debauch Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:49 pm
ChrioN wrote:This is making me truly furious. Is it even legal to sell products without offering spare parts for said product?
If they can't supply spare parts, then they can't offer repairs. WTF? Akai is a member of a much larger mega company if I'm not mistaken. They shouldn't be doing this. This is greedy and so nasty. Yuk.

For me this means supporting a company I rather not pay a cent to, mpcstuff.com. And I have to change ALL the buttons in the whole machine because apparently the colors of the fake ones doesn't match the stock original ones. I need to change 3 buttons.

mpc stuff makes their own replacements because of that issue.
By Twim Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:36 am
ChrioN wrote:This is making me truly furious. Is it even legal to sell products without offering spare parts for said product?

Dude, you can't force anyone to sell what they have. I mean, I get that you are mad you can't just buy your three buttons, but I don't see anything wrong with a company not selling parts for an outdated, out of production machine they made 17 years ago. Thinking that they are obligated to do so (especially legally?) is a bit silly.

Besides, this thread itself is 10 years old.