Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By goldslum Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:38 am
Hey guys, I noticed on the other fat pad threads no one really talked about how they actually function. well i got mine in the mail the other day and installed them and i wanted to say that anyone who is on the fence and interested in them should get em. i usually use my 1k with full level on, but the pads improve the functionality tremendously and they work great for drums. i currently have my jjos1 set up to full sensitivity and it feels awesome. i thought they look kind of funny (like big gummie erasures or something) but i'm getting used to it. they work night and day compared to the old pads. there is no gap anymore AT ALL. and the sensitivity is really nice. still stiff pads, but function properly. the logo on the top right pad says in very skinny letters "mpcstuff" and it's definitely not a big deal. if you've mentioned you don't like the look of that then you're sorely missing out for a pretty silly reason. the little rubber peg holes in between the pads that fit in to the unit are sort of impossible to fit in without a tiny screwdriver or something, but push them in gently. they're simply larger. anyway.. love them. def worth the $40. and yes i'm just a regular forum member. no advertising or promo or whatever. i'd be willing to bet they'll be coming out with more color range any time now. any 1k without these pads is not as good as it could be! can't wait for the 2500 version to come out (with the "built in corx")
By goldslum Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:56 pm
konc3pt wrote:
goldslum wrote:can't wait for the 2500 version to come out (with the "built in corx")

you mean this ? http://www.mpcstuff.com/akmpcmpdthfa2.html am actually going to pull the trigger on these today and looks like there is no logo on the 2500 version 8)

h3ll yeah! those come with pad corx though. the 1k ones are the only ones with "built in pad corx" which is just extended rubber oval shapes. i'm sure they are both similar but i can't comment.

like i said. no gap between the sensor and rubber is night and day.
By Metatron72 Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:12 am
I co-sign everything these guys have said, my 1000 is actually more sensitive and responsive than my 2500 (which always felt fine but a hair under an XL's feel), with both machines on the same velocity/sensitivity settings. Anybody with a MPD/MPK will find these essential as well. Felt good throwing out the 80 circular stickers from inside my MPD32.
By Duzeaux Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:51 pm
I really don't understand why everybody is so enthousiastic with these pads. I got them to. But as i check my velocity meteres i have to hit them like it ows me money to get near half, i have to throw it off a bridge to get max

i thought, my pads were broken, but they were new and good. so i tried two other 1000's and they got the same. so my conclusion is, @ full level its great tho i hit two pads simmultaniously sometimes. but with velocity on its a horror.... put in my old pads again cause they react smooth on the velocity.

so really weird nobody mentioned the performance on velo mode.

anybody shares this experience?
By goldslum Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:53 am
Duzeaux wrote:I really don't understand why everybody is so enthousiastic with these pads. I got them to. But as i check my velocity meteres i have to hit them like it ows me money to get near half, i have to throw it off a bridge to get max

i thought, my pads were broken, but they were new and good. so i tried two other 1000's and they got the same. so my conclusion is, @ full level its great tho i hit two pads simmultaniously sometimes. but with velocity on its a horror.... put in my old pads again cause they react smooth on the velocity.

i'm under the assumption "new member" has a correlation with this issue. i'm willing to bet you have not fully adjusted the sensitivity of your pads. what OS are you running? Akai OS? JJ os free? jj os 1 or 2? jj os xl? they all have similar but different ways. i use jj os 1 and there's about 3 different settings that adjust the velocity in different ways. look up the manual of your os and find out how.
By Metatron72 Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:06 am
goldslum wrote:
Duzeaux wrote:I really don't understand why everybody is so enthousiastic with these pads. I got them to. But as i check my velocity meteres i have to hit them like it ows me money to get near half, i have to throw it off a bridge to get max

i'm under the assumption "new member" has a correlation with this issue. i'm willing to bet you have not fully adjusted the sensitivity of your pads. what OS are you running? Akai OS? JJ os free? jj os 1 or 2? jj os xl? they all have similar but different ways. i use jj os 1 and there's about 3 different settings that adjust the velocity in different ways. look up the manual of your os and find out how.

Word.

No disrespect Duzeaux but that's kind of crazy that you took apart 3 different MPC's before checking a settings screen. You live and learn, I've certainly done some boneheaded things with gear in my time. :)
By elmacaco Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:54 pm
I have the new Fat Pads and I love them. I do wish they didn't say MPC stuff on them, but whatever.

I think the problem above might be because you didn't use a stick or something to push the little nubs in the holes, if you just do it with finger pressure they don't go all the way in and you'll get shitty response. use a jewlers screwdriver or similar and push gently so you don't rip through the rubber.

Fat pads have been a revelation for sure. I played a 3000 yesterday and dare I say I liked the 1000 pads better for the first time.
By konc3pt Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:06 pm
Metatron72 wrote:
goldslum wrote:

Word.

No disrespect Duzeaux but that's kind of crazy that you took apart 3 different MPC's before checking a settings screen. You live and learn, I've certainly done some boneheaded things with gear in my time. :)

have to agree there..
By b.read Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:47 pm
They really have a logo on 'em? :shock: