Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By b.read Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:10 pm
Wow...ya'll weren't lying :lol: wonder how the older mpcs react with 'em
By Bjika Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:52 am
I got the mpc 10000 fat pads.. installed them and tested.. they seem just as bad as the old grey ones... I am using jjos 2xl.. not sure what settings to try as I am fairly new. I have tried pressing the full velocity button and setting it to 127.. I still have to hit hard or push hard to get a result. I also turned off the full velocity and monitored the velocity and found them to not be very sensitive, I cannot hit them softly to get a velocity of say 10... and I have to hit hard to get it to register anything, which is usually somewhere between 70 and 127. Please can you offer some advice on how to set things or should I sell up and get a different mpc?
By MPC-Tutor Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:59 am
Bjika wrote:I got the mpc 10000 fat pads.. installed them and tested.. they seem just as bad as the old grey ones...

Did you replace the sensors as well, or just swap out the rubber pads? The fat pads on the 1000 should improve the sensitivity so it could be an issue with the sensors themselves as loss of sensitivity is normally the first sign that the sensors will start to fail (in all legacy MPCs in my experience).