Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By theerinys Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:57 pm
Hello everyone. I've been using a MPC 1000 for a few months now and i have been having a problem with the the record gain on the analog inputs. I would like to know if anyone else on this forum has had the same problem and maybe a solution.

Here's the problem:
I have my turntable line outs (Numark PT01 with Line outs, not phono!) connected to the inputs of my MPC 1000. The problem im having is that the Left channel is coming in really low, whereas the Right is coming in normal. Switching the cables has no effect so that indicates the problem is in the MPC. The really odd thing though is that when I change the input mode on the Record screen to MONO L, the Rec Gain knob has ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT on input gain. The audio coming in stays at the same level regardless of knob position. When in any other mode (Stereo, Mono R, Mono L+R) the rec gain is effected by the Rec Gain knob. I always convert my drum samples to mono so it doesn't matter on my drums but it makes sampling music in stereo useless because the left channel is always super low! I dont want to convert my samples to mono! For now i've been recording my samples into my computer then transfer the .wav file to the mpc via usb of flash card.

If anyone of you more experienced guys have any insight on the problem and maybe a solution, please help a brother out. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
By astronaut Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:36 pm
sounds like a hardware malfunction to me. Is the mpc1000 sill on warranty?
By TYPO Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:35 pm
Have you tried other sources into the MPC?Hook up other stereo devices(including swapping cords)into the inputs to troubleshoot.
Good luck TYPO
By theerinys Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:27 pm
I bought this MPC used. No waranty still on it! I did try other devices as well as swapping the input cables so I know for sure the problem is in the MPC. I even tried emailing Akai with the issue but of course I haven't got an answer!.
By bliprock Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:20 am
theerinys wrote:I bought this MPC used. No waranty still on it! I did try other devices as well as swapping the input cables so I know for sure the problem is in the MPC. I even tried emailing Akai with the issue but of course I haven't got an answer!.

you will not get an answer from Akai, these issues are only delt with a warrenty, as is the case with most businesses. So second hand means no support. Yes if a different stereo source does not work in stereo then most likely a hardware issue as you know
By theerinys Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:35 pm
After doing some research, I think I might try changing the circuit board that handles the inputs and outputs. I know MPC Stuff has it for $265. Hopefully I can find it somewhere for less.
By astronaut Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:05 pm
have you tried the digital inputs? I think would be cheaper to get a small A/D converter and just the digital ins.

p.s. my mpc1000 is also defective. The digital input is not functioning :)
By theerinys Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:32 am
Never thought of using the digital ins! Thx Astronaut. I will definitely look into getting an A/D converter as an option.
By HLF Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:55 pm
I have exactly same problem, left channel input is lower. Feels bad. Maybe some caps need to be replaced, but I guess there are lots of those on the board.
By NearTao Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:31 pm

Not the worst capacitor setup I've seen, but yeah, there are a few. If you've got a voltmeter and are handy with it you could probably check the caps to see which ones could be faulty (if any).
By HLF Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:15 pm
For proper cap test there is need to have LCR meter which can be quite pricey - maybe someday. For now I'll probably sample stereo samples with only one input, both channels separately, pan them in the MPC and resample them. :smoker:
By jakubek85 Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:29 pm
I had a similar problem on both channels. Remove the right side PCB board and check if it is damaged. I did it and found a problem.