Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Bumathan Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:21 pm
So, I gave up for now...

For the record, here's what I did:

I didn't get one of the MDR connectors mentioned above and I choose to completely desolder the MDR connector from the MPC HD mount. A bit difficult but no problem so far.

I got one of these SD card to IDE 2.5 adaptor and a 2.5 44pin ribbon connector that I cut in two. One side connected to the SD reader, the other side directly soldered to the PCB.

Then I soldered each connection one by one following the schematic. A real nightmare and very prone to error, cold joints etc, I won't recommend anyone doing the same thing, these flat ribbon connectors are not made for that but it was worth trying.

The SD card reader is powered on, but the MPC won't format the sd card, there's something wrong and honestly it's too difficult to debug with so many connections. I had issues before with my MPC not loading the files properly, firmware or hardware, it's hard to say, so it could be this or simply one of the little cables not properly soldered. I won't try harder right now, I desoldered the 44pin flat ribbon (it's too fragile anyway) and will re-solder the MDR connector.
By SKLD Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:36 am
mcschippenhorst wrote:In the manual

what i measured and what worked for me at the end

Noob question but I'm not sure how the pins from the MDR adaptor correspond to the numbers on the chart as the MDR has 50 pins arranged in 4 different rows. So far I have connected a CF card adaptor with a 44 pin female to female ribbon cable like the one in the image below.

[img width=600]https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/lNoAAOSwo9ditGLc/s-l1600.jpg[/img]
By Alexam Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:52 pm
Alexam wrote:made an adapter-pcb (from FFC/FPC to 44-Pin PATA/ whatever you like RM2.54mm) to just replace the internal adapter (from FFC/FPC to MDR) if someone is interested: https://github.com/clubbymaty/MPC_1K_HDD_Adapter
but you have to get the pcb and parts by yourself ... I could only provide a populated pcb to people in the EU ... as soon as I tested it!

its basically just like the breakout board, but the pin assignment fits the PATA connector directly, so you could solder the SD card adapter with 44-pin directly into there and use it or solder a female connector on to stick the sd-adapter in ...
By SKLD Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:34 pm
Alexam wrote:made an adapter-pcb (from FFC/FPC to 44-Pin PATA/ whatever you like RM2.54mm) to just replace the internal adapter (from FFC/FPC to MDR) if someone is interested: https://github.com/clubbymaty/MPC_1K_HDD_Adapter
but you have to get the pcb and parts by yourself ... I could only provide a populated pcb to people in the EU ... as soon as I tested it!

I would be interested but I’m not too keen on attempting to remove the MDR connection from the MPC. I’m also based in the UK, which thanks to Brexit has seen huge rises in ordering from the EU.
By Kai.DO Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:39 am
Hi everyone!

due to the price of the hdm-10kit (70€), plus shipping costs to my country (spain 30€), plus taxes and custom fees (up to 50€) ... which makes a total of 150€ for a f****** chip ... i'm considering to attempting in making my own adapter ...
i like the version with -arduino cables and mdr connector- to an -mSATA to IDE adapter- which is about 20€ from china with shipping costs included ... so, my question:
Has anyone succesfully tried it following the schematics posted here?

Regards!