Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By ryfle Thu May 24, 2012 11:06 pm
Hi @ all,

I use the MPC 1000 as a sequencer for my synths. Usually I choose the Midi Channel on the synth (for example: korg x50) and then choose the same Midi channel on my MPC and record the sequence. To record the next sequence I just choose another Midi Channel on Both Machines and so on..

NOW I got a DSI MEK and I can't find the Option to root a Midi Channel for one Program. In order to build a Song with it I need to use it in the Way I described above. So I need to record one Sound of the MEK on Midi Channel 1 and the next on Channel 2 of my MPC etc.

All I found out was that one can change the MIDI Channel globally within the global-settings. But then again all of the Programs are rooted to the Same Midi Channel.

I hope my Problem becomes clear. I really thought it would be possible to root the different Programs to specific midi channels since there are enough of them.

Please help if anyone got any Idea.

Thanks.
By elektrik_muz Fri May 25, 2012 1:03 am
The wording of your post is a bit confusing so I can't be sure, but it sounds as if you are expecting multimbrial operation (like a Korg X50) from a monophonic synthesizer (a mono evolver keyboard). I would advise doing a websearch for those terms if you want some detaled clarification, but basically the MEK only has one voice, so it can only work on one channel at a time.
By joesh Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:03 am
Hi, I've just been reading this (above) post and wondered if anyone can give me a few pointers. I placed this same question elsewhere on the forum but nobody answered. If you could help out I'd be very grateful.

Here's the question:

Could someone give me some help getting my MPC1000 to trigger a Poly Evolver, which I've been lent. What I'm looking for is just a few basic explanations to get started. What I'd like to do is use the MPC (whilst playing other stuff) to trigger a sequence (on the PEK) - as an example sequence #1 followed by #2 etc. I have the two linked up and the PEK will trigger the MPC1000, but as so far I've had no luck the other way round (MPC > PEK). My idea (as I mentioned above) is to trigger sequences on the PEK via my MPC.

The reason for this is that I need to improvise over them and it would be easier to hit a pad on the MPC than switches on the PEK (which automatically stops if you change a pattern). I also thought that it would be great to have some stuff recorded on the MPC which then in turn triggers the PEK to play a sequence over/under the MPC.

Big thanks in advance.

p.s. I'm reading through the various manuals, so I may find the answer soon, but of course an practical explanation from someone is always easier to follow.
By Shahabodinn Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:02 am
1. Yes, the DSI MEK is monophonic, so it would only provide one midi channel, but can be recorded as audio tracks.
2. I have a DSI Polyevolver Keyboard (PEK), which is the polyphonic version, and using the midi sequences on the mpc to control playback on the PEK is straightforward. However, I'm looking for advice on how to best control parameters and trigger sequences on the PEK from the MPC. Honestly, the PEK is much more complex than the MPC can possible control, but perhaps cc perameters are the only solution, especially since there's no CV gate on the PEK.