Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By lizbobiz Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:33 am
Trying to mess around with my "newly" acquired MPC from ebay. Everything seemed to be working fine, loaded the free JJOS, a drum program from MPCMaid onto a FAT16 formatted sandisk cf card, but the screen keeps crashing..as in when I save "entire memory" or use the data wheel to scroll through different programs/do other random functions...the screen has a meltdown and I see a bunch of lines. I know the mpc is still working because when I clicked back to MAIN, I can hear sounds coming out but the display is still frozen. I formatted the card, reinstalled JJOS...could it be the RAM?
By lizbobiz Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:20 am
i dont have any additional ram installed, so I'm not sure I can take anything out? or is the problem i dont have additional ram installed? i disconnected/reconnected the screen ribbon...still see lines randomly. fear this might be a cpu issue but everything *mostly* works.
By Sense-A Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:56 pm
It could be something as simple as something shorting to the chassis. If a voltage, solder contact, wire is touching the chassis, then the screen would likely be the first thing to go wonky, freeze, or show lines across it. That could be the case if it happens intermittently...

However, if you are suggesting that it only happens during heavy processing it could be the RAM...

I doubt it is the CPU. You'll have to try to isolate the problem. Trying a new stick of RAM is a cheap option worth trying. If the problem persists with new stick of RAM, then your problem is likely elsewhere.