Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By MPC1111 Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:09 am
Hello there,

I am about to purchase a Unitor 8 and i was wondering if somebody here is Familiar with this Unit when using and linked with an MPC:1000

in essence what i need to know is if i can use going from one midi out (in my case using one midi out on the MPC1000 A or B ) to one input of the Unitor 8 and be able control And assign from the MPC the midi outs of Unitor8 from 1 to 8 on the UNitor 8 depending on which track i decide to assign from the MPC. (using one Miidi out etither A or B)
I am aware you can do it from a Computer going in to the USB INPUT of the Unitor 8 but not sure how this works with the MPC1000:

http://www.digitalprosound.com/2001/06_ ... 1b_648.gif

if anyone can help on this very much appreciated
thank you
By Sense-A Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:39 pm
You only have two Midi outputs on the MPC 1000. But each midi output carries 16 channels.

So you can, technically, control 16 different synths/sound modules using one midi output if you assign each module to its own channel.

The Unitor 8 will allow you to patch in a bunch of sound modules without having to use Midi Thru...

Here's some more info:

MIDI IN - Accepts MIDI data. 
MIDI OUT - Transmits MIDI data. 
MIDI THRU - Passes MIDI data received from MIDI IN. 
To further clarify MIDI THRU- an exact copy of MIDI data coming IN to a device can be obtained from the THRU socket and passed on to another MIDI device. The cable connecting a THRU socket from one device must connect to the MIDI IN socket on another device. 

The Unitor 8, I hear, doesn't work with Windows operating systems beyond XP. That's why I didn't get one.

I have a MOTU Midi Express XT USB and a Digital Music Corp MX-8

The MPC 1000 allows you to select which midi output (A or B) and which channel.

Things get complicated if you want to control multiple instruments/patches on a sound module - in which case that sound module may require multiple channels.

Hope that helps some...