Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By grntleupp Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:13 pm
Heyy, i bought a 1000 recently and as I've been saving up for jjos2xl, I installed the free jjos v 3.16 so i could at least save some sequences and programs and whatnot. So i started sequencing, just simple drum samples and midi notes to a tr-09, and I keep experiencing this problem when quantizing is on. I'll set it to quantize 1/8th notes, and do a simple pattern on all eighth notes for 2 bars. No swing is on, just simple 1/8th note quantize, and then when I play it back, beat 1 is on time and the rest are automatically moved a little early, like they're on off beat 1/16th notes but with a ton of swing so it just feels really off-kilter and just not what i recorded and how it should be quantizing. When i record with no quantize, its not a problem, it plays back exactly what I recorded. It's only a problem when quantizing (with any note value, not just 1/8th notes)
I've searched around and have seen no one else experiencing this exact problem, so maybe it's user error? Or else a flaw in the software or hardware? I'm really not sure, I tried reinstalling 3.16 and still the same problem. Any help is much appreciated
By Sharris Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:10 pm
Are you sure there is no air before the sample? The start point is chopped nice & tight?

When I first got into sampling I used an sp404 & only made beats in resample mode (no sequencer), plus it doesn't have a waveform display, so I didn't realize I was leaving a little air before the sample. When ever I tried using the sequencer, the only time the beat would sound right is if I didn't use quantize. When quantized it would get all **** up because I had too much air before the sample (even tho it was only a tiny tiny amount of air).

If you know the swing isn't on & your samples are chopped nice & tight, I'm not sure what the issue could be........... hopefully you figure it out & it's not broken!