Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Mpcuserguy Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:22 pm
Hey all, i have an mpc 1000, a novation bass station 1 rack, tx81z, and a roland alpha juno that i play with a roland a 500 pro midi controller. The a 500 pro has its own editor on my computer as well as usb. I am not using the usb midi but the actual midi outs to mpc. I would like to program either the a 500 or the 1000 to use sysex and midi cc. For example the bass station has several knobs and most of them supposedly can be manipulated via the midi controller. I just dont know how to program the controller or the mpc to use certain knobs and faders on my controller to control those knobs and faders, i would also like to program sysex and cc's to edit and automate the tx81z and alpha juno. Do i use the roland software for the a 500 pro or the mpc and also how?

Thanks a ton, i feel like its a big question with lots of answers, but any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
By Mpcuserguy Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:23 pm
Also not using jjos and whatever OS came with the 1000. If its easier using jjos ill get that eventually but so far just teaching myself how to sequence and sample i havent felt the need to get jjos yet.
By Sense-A Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:20 pm
There seems to already be a few discussions about this which you may find helpful.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=101326&start=15

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=122489

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=80360

Here's a little bit of CC functionality with JJOS:

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/os2xl/button.htm

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=76977

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20230

Lots of information in this forum...

Reading through some of the threads, the consensus seems to be that the MPC 4000 has more features to work with sysex and CC. So if that is something that is very important to you, you may want to consider getting an MPC 4000 or else working around the limitations of the MPC 1000. Personally, I don't see much use trying to control synths via the MPC 1000. I have many synths and try to work within the synths themselves. Some people use BCR2000's, but I imagine there has to be a more modern midi controller that is versatile with sysex and CC as well.