Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By shmudge Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:10 pm
this day and age which would have the better workflow ?

if they are both selling for 500$ OBO

which would be the better buy in terms of maintenance in any future repairs if needed ?

also what would be better for digital sampling ?
which would be the better buy in terms of transfering data/samples from pc ?

i guess the mpc would be better because it had a usb port and for the 2kXL you would have to buy more hardware to connect to the computer

but if you cut the computer out of the equation the 2kXL
sounds like a better buy...

any thoughts would be great !

thanks ahead of time !!
By JUKE 179r Sat May 18, 2019 3:44 pm
Get the 1000 and the JJOS.
By richie Mon May 20, 2019 12:12 am
Some things to be considered about the 1000 is that spare parts are widely available as well as support and upgrades. Well, support here and from mpc-stuff parts wise, and operating system wise from JJ OS.

Make sure the 1000 has the pad upgrade, otherwise it'll cost you another $175 to get that up to speed.

The thing about the XL and a computer isn't a big deal. If you can afford $25 you can put a CF card reader in the XL. Part of the thing about samplers is that you ideally should "sample" in to them via analog to attempt to get whatever characteristic the analog to digital process does.

If you're looking for an MPC to have integrated with your daw setup, then perhaps you should be looking more like the Renaissance, Live as it may feel like you're working backwards going from a daw to a stand alone unit.

Some will try to suggest that the XL sounds better than the 1000 but that is an entire separate debate. The samplers sound as good as what you put in to them really.
By JUKE 179r Mon May 20, 2019 10:30 am
richie wrote:Make sure the 1000 has the pad upgrade, otherwise it'll cost you another $175 to get that up to speed.

Good call. :nod:
I forgot about the shitty pads on the older blue(?) 1000's.
By dryad-66 Tue May 21, 2019 8:30 am
I now have the MPC 2000 OG again.Had all of the MPC's since this one too.The benefits of the 2000 over the numark's are great pre amp if slightly overloaded,pitching up or down sounds very dope and is more refined (fine resolution) plus the filter is sweet if a little simple.I actually really dig the effects card,a lot better than the effects in the numarks (imo) and maybe,just maybe the sequencer is a little more character full.Apart from that get the Numark line with JJOS.......

Note-i like to run things through the 2000 pre amps even without sampling.Really give a good texture to boring straight sounds,beats ect.I do like the 1000 but frustrated with the pitched sound.Bit plasticy,not very natural.Still i would get one again because its a no nonsense machine.....