Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By we_squirm Mon May 06, 2019 7:40 pm
Hey all! Fairly new to my MPC1000. I have upgraded everything I could, and have JJOS 2. I'm using the MPC as a machine for backing tracks. No sequences. Just one shot samples from a record I made that I trigger with my hand in time with a live drummer. Easy Peasy. Each song has a folder with samples and a saved Program.

I can't load the whole set because I run out of memory space. I guess it's my wav files. So I load song by song. But every time I try and load a song it keeps the other song loaded up too, and then I run back into memory issues.

Example. I play song 1. Load program "song 1" into memory and play it. Done. I want to play song 2. Load program "song 2." Insufficient memory. So I turn the MPC off and on, and then load song 2.

Is there any more expedient way to do this? Is there a way that when I load song 2, song 1 goes away and out of the memory? Bigger question is there a way to load the entire set? Lemme know!
By tapedeck Mon May 06, 2019 8:05 pm
you could try saving as a project and switch between those. that will be a everything in memory, songs, samples, sequences, programs
By we_squirm Mon May 06, 2019 8:18 pm
tapedeck wrote:you could try saving as a project and switch between those. that will be a everything in memory, songs, samples, sequences, programs

Could you help me with this? Sorry total noob. I'm reading the manual but I don't really get it.

Currently I have every song with it's own program. But how do I gather it all into a project, and will all the samples load if I do that?