Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By TigerD Tue May 07, 2019 12:29 pm
Hey all,

I've searched, I've googled, I've tried – but I've still not found a way to transfer Sequences from 2000xl to 1000.

When I export an individual SEQ/MID, it loads on the 1000. But the WAVs are not linked (even though they are in the root folder, same as the 2000xl).

Can anyone offer a solution here? I have 50 Sequences saved in the MPC2000xl. I would prefer not to have to rebuild them all manually on the 1k.

THANKS
By tapedeck Tue May 07, 2019 3:55 pm
are you transferring the PGMs too? you have to do that - a sequence doesn't hold any sound data.

however - you are still going to have to do some manual work to make it work right, especially depending how complex your programs are. for me, it wasn't worth the effort, so i just dont even bother and i just started with a clean slate on the 1k.

dont get your hopes up and prepare to do some work.
By TigerD Wed May 08, 2019 11:06 am
Okay thanks – if I need to rebuild everything then so be it (even if it was just 10 minutes per program, we are talking at least eight hours)

But the question was what is the process? The manual advertises the 1K as being able to read 2K data, but I don’t see the evidence of that

Thanks again

T
By MPC-Tutor Wed May 08, 2019 11:55 am
The MPC1000 should read your XL programs fine, although you will find some parameters/features are not transferred or need tweaking. But pad assignments, tuning, pan, mute, note on settings etc should be okay.

Can't remember if the 1000 reads APS, so you might need to save your all XL program files for each project individually (save them in the same folder as the rest of your project). Then in your 1000, load each program one by one, then load the sequences. You might need to manually reassign programs to the appropriate track.

If you use JJOS you'll need to save all your XL projects 'With WAV' as JJ dropped SND support, but Akai OS should read them fine.

I've transferred plenty of XL projects to the 1000, never experienced any issues with 'WAVs not linked' - not entirely sure what you mean there, you'd need to explain that in more detail.
By TigerD Thu May 09, 2019 9:21 am
Thanks MPC Tutor!

I mean that when I successfully load the PGM and MID from the 2kXL to the 1k, and start playback, there is no sound.

It appears that the MID doesn't match up with the PGM data, nor are any sounds produced on the pads.

Does that make sense?