Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By spenny23 Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:20 pm
hey all ive seen a lot of people talk about how the mpc1000 isnt really a sampler, in terms of its sampling abilities, compared to other samplers. after messing around a bit with one, i agree, as slicing and reversing/normalizing seems to be about the only sampling modifications it offers. (only two global effects)

i know its definitely a worthy sequencer, however not X0X style.

i wouldnt call it a groovebox because of its limited functions compared to just about any other groovebox.

ive heard of the mpc1000 being referred to as a hardware DAW/computer, which makes the most sense to me, however, since it came out at a time when computers were barely used/formatted for music prod., today a computer can somewhat replace the mpc1000 (true?)

not trying to slander the mpc1000 here im just having trouble getting opinions from people on what this machine is best used for.

what is the mpc1000's best/unique function? its hard for me to want to keep one at the moment because i cant figure out whats so special about it, that cant be replaced with a better sampler, sequencer, and/or a groovebox.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:41 pm
What are you using it for?

spenny23 wrote:hey all ive seen a lot of people talk about how the mpc1000 isnt really a sampler, in terms of its sampling abilities, compared to other samplers. after messing around a bit with one, i agree, as slicing and reversing/normalizing seems to be about the only sampling modifications it offers. (only two global effects)

i know its definitely a worthy sequencer, however not X0X style.

i wouldnt call it a groovebox because of its limited functions compared to just about any other groovebox.

ive heard of the mpc1000 being referred to as a hardware DAW/computer, which makes the most sense to me, however, since it came out at a time when computers were barely used/formatted for music prod., today a computer can somewhat replace the mpc1000 (true?)

not trying to slander the mpc1000 here im just having trouble getting opinions from people on what this machine is best used for.

what is the mpc1000's best/unique function? its hard for me to want to keep one at the moment because i cant figure out whats so special about it, that cant be replaced with a better sampler, sequencer, and/or a groovebox.
By spenny23 Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:23 pm
[quote="CharlesRandolph"]What are you using it for?

i thought it was going to be a good sampler. the recording feature and quick track making is cool but you cant even edit notes you input... for example, if i make a snare track/pattern and i want to change the position of one of the snare notes, i cant. What is the point of that? note editing is crucial, maYbe im missing info here....