Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By DeadSoul Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:32 pm
So I took a leap into the unknown. I’ve been reading a lot on the forums about installing an SSD on the MPC 1000, and I thought in a moment of heroic inspiration I might find the magic SSD that ‘just works’. Turns out I’m retarded.

The first time I installed the drive, it made my MPC freeze at the boot screen. So I took it out and then used my CF card to update my JJOS128 and JJOS2XL to the latest versions. I reinserted it (it took hours of fidgeting and frustration both times, smh) and this time the OS booted up, but neither JJOS128 or JJOS2XL would recognize a hard drive.

I tried plugging the MPC into the computer via USB figuring maybe it’d be recognized there and I could format it. My computer didn’t recognize the hard drive in my MPC either.

So I’m not sure what to do. I vaguely understand the master-slave problem with SSDs, and I’m not sure where to solder a jumper on the MPC-Stuff HDM-10. I’m not even entirely sure what soldering a jumper means even though I’ve soldered stuff before.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get this working? Ideally, I’d like there to be a solution out there for others to use if they wanted- like a ‘one trick pony’ for getting an SSD working in their MPC 1000.

Much appreciated, thank you all for kicking knowledge that made things possible till this point :wink:

128 GB SSD I tried: https://www.newegg.com/p/0D9-000D-00003