Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Magnetic Productions Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:42 pm
Peace yall
So, I know how to track out individual tracks from the MP into channels on a mixer, but, when I just tried, I could barely hear anything coming from my MP... Headphones plugged into the mixer, I could barely hear anything, unless I pushed "Solo" on the track I'm trying to listen to.Does anyone know why that is? I even bumped the Main Volume on the MP to the fullest, and could barely hear anything. Do I need a preamp that connects my MP to my mixer so the mixer can receive a reasonable amount of volume without me having to pump "Gain" all the way up? I really need my ears and I can't afford to have my equipment mess up because nothing can be heard. Hopefully this question wasn't too difficult to understand. Pls holla w any advice! Thanks.
By bees80 Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:25 pm
You shouldn't need pre-amps or go crazy with the gain for doing this. The main volume doesn't concern the individual outputs i believe. The main question here is: does it also sound low in volume with only your main stereo output connected to the mixer?

Lots of other things to consider to check.. It could be that
- Your cables are crappy. Tried different cables?
- The volume of your samples is very low (look at the peaks on the sample edit screen).
- The MPC is set to -24 db, so check the output setting in your mpc (check manual for where it is, don't know from the top of my head)
- If you connect your heatphone directly to one of the individual outputs (so not the main 1/2 stereo), are the sounds still normal then?