Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Joe-D Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:33 am
Hi I just bought a used MPC 1000 and I am having trouble connecting it to my Mac with USB. The MPC icon does not come up on the screen. I’ve tried a different USB, different ports, turning everything on and off. I tried the Audio MIDI set up and nothing pops up. I tried it on a friends Mac and the MPC icon showed up on the screen. It must be some setting on my computer right? Let me know what you think. Thanks!
By NearTao Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:00 pm
Have you you the MPC into USB mode so that you can mount the CF, or are you just connect the USB and expecting the CF to mount?

I forget off hand, but I think you need to do this under MODE -> LOAD
By NearTao Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:15 am
Joe-D wrote:Yes I went into the load mode and pressed MOUNT and I don’t get anything.

Running JJOS 3 here, with the latest Mac OS and it works fine for me. I know this doesn't help you, but it might be worth checking the cable or trying a new one?
By Joe-D Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:41 pm
I did check with a few different USBs and still nothing. And all my USBs work with all of my other MIDI controllers.