Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By ShoopFroggyFrog Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:00 am
When I hook the 1000 up to my cpu it be taking a long as time to be recognized. This happens on my Win7 machine. It got worse when I switched to the free JJOS. It takes close to 10 minutes, sometimes even more, for the 1000 to show up as a drive in Windows Explorer. Right clicking on the 1000 in Windows Explorer makes the laptop freeze. I hope just getting a CF card reader for my laptop will be an effective workaround. Any advice is really appreciated.
By ShoopFroggyFrog Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:38 am
Thank you for your replies sirs. I appreciate you taking the time to help me. Near Tao, do you mean to try putting a smaller CF card in the MPC, and then try it. Or do you mean try using a usb cf card reader for the computer? Charles, I've tried different cables and different ports. It made no difference. Also, I only have one machine with Win10. on it : / I have since purchased a usb cf card reader, loading files onto it is a jiff. : ) Then they work as intended in the MPC.

Thank you sirs.