Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By EvoMPC Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:52 pm
Hello guys,

I know there are some threads about pins on the mpc 1000 but these things change, maybe there are some cheaper alternatives now. So basically I'm looking to buy an MPC 1k from someone tomorrow but heres the catch; he says the pad 9 does not work and also the cf card reader has a broken pin (not bent).

My question; can I still load samples to the flash memory via usb? I know I can at least sample but just wondering about this. Also, are there any cheap alternatives to the $100+ official cf readers. The unit otherwise looks in good nick, and I'm getting it for a good price so just wanted some ''pro'' advice on this :D

Thanks for your help fellas
By NearTao Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:44 pm
You could go for an internal hd, but the cf replacement is a bit easier to manage from a usability standpoint. At least consider both, you will want a way to save.

For pads, you will want to figure out if you have the old style pads and need to replace the one, or the new style and need to replace the sensor sheet. To replace the one is not too bad, but honestly the old pads stink and it is worth the upgrade.
By EvoMPC Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:08 pm
NearTao wrote: To replace the one is not too bad, but honestly the old pads stink and it is worth the upgrade.

Thanks man, I am sure I would have to upgrade the pads at some point, and you're probably right about the upgrade. I would likely save to get the whole new censor pad. Regarding the cf reader, if that doesn't work I am wondering if I can transfer file to any onboard memory on the mpc 1000? Am I basically screwed without the cf reader?
By NearTao Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:21 pm
EvoMPC wrote:
NearTao wrote: To replace the one is not too bad, but honestly the old pads stink and it is worth the upgrade.

Thanks man, I am sure I would have to upgrade the pads at some point, and you're probably right about the upgrade. I would likely save to get the whole new censor pad. Regarding the cf reader, if that doesn't work I am wondering if I can transfer file to any onboard memory on the mpc 1000? Am I basically screwed without the cf reader?

Unfortunately no, you can only transfer data to the CF or the HD. There is no way to transfer directly to memory.