Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By livinkingston Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:21 pm
Just got a new job (with extra pay) and want to buy something. I have an Electribe2S and I love its sample mangling power and effects, but the actual sampling and sample managing experience could be better. Is an MPC1000 a good sampler to sit beside the Korg? From my research it looks like the MPCs were very much designed to work with the way in which samples were used in the 90s (i.e. just sequencing samples & loops together) whereas the Electribe reminds me more of the original vision for sampling from the 80s (i.e. making new compositions with mangled samples a la 'My Life In The Bush of Ghosts'). But still I crave that powerful sampling tech in the MPC.
I could equally spend the same money on a Minilogue though.
By entrenchment Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:25 pm
Mpcs are equal to any sampler just use the filters

Modulators and all

They are more for sample loops but :popcorn:

I dont thinkbtgaats true
By NearTao Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:04 pm
Sampling on the 1k is better in all ways compared to the es2. More memory, more sampling time, better naming. The FX are much better though, so they will have areas they can compliment each other.